Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer happenings

 August will have it's own post. So here's what we have been up to this summer. Right after school got out Grandma Lorenzon had a "tea party" down at her house. Me and the older boys with cousin Soren in the picture. 
Greg got glasses. The boys still can't get over how he looks with glasses. Heck, I can't get over it. He looks so different. But older and more distinguished ay? He only needs them for reading at home up close. 
We had the city clean up and were trying to throw out all the boxes from our shed. The boys had a fun few hours playing in them. And those boxes are 2 big water heater boxes. Yes, that's 2 we had to replace. Greg is a rock star and did them both. One when out, and the pressure caused the other to go out. Fun for us! Bodie loved trying out Jax's friend Kaden's "tri-cycle" I called it a big wheel. 
And the boys dressed nice for Sunday. And the sacrament meeting picture I tried sneaking both Jax and Creed were mad a me so Creed wouldn't look at the camera and Jax turned after I took this. They were mad because they were of course being naughty and lost dessert or something for their behavior at church.


We've gone boating a few times. Not much though. We went on our annual camping trip to East Canyon with the Ungurens. And we invited the Wheeler family this time. It was lots of fun. I took a picture of all the kids swimming around. And finally! One of our boys has tried wake boarding. And Creed got up, just for a few moments. But he's up! And the boys hanging with cousin Liam and being "American Ninja Warriors" on the boat tower. We love that show man!

We got home from the Uinta's on the July 24th. And a lot of celebrations were happening on Monday the 25th. So we did a few sparklers to celebrate in our pajama's. And yes the 2 of the boys are holding their sparklers as if they might be peeing. Because they're boys! Greg and I taking a selfie after the temple one evening. 
Rafe posing with Creed showing off the 3 stickers on his shirt. He got them for the 3 shots he got that day for starting kindergarten. He was cute and gave 3 little screams each poke. He almost cried at the end but was brave and didn't, he will tell you. I'm just a little sad about the fact my baby will start kindergarten. I'm trying to gear up for it. And it's a normal thing in our house to break out in a dance party and shirts come off. Sometimes more comes off as well. Geesh!



No comments: