Gosh, so many pictures and info to share. Here's our month in review...
Bodie had his kindergarten program. He has a music lady come all year and do singing with the kids. So they performed a concert. He was fun to watch. He didn't move his mouth much, but he sure did the actions! Sometimes he'd do actions when none of the other kids were. What a character Bodie is. It's so nice to see how he has done this year in repeating kindergarten. He was one of the top in his class, his confidence has grown, he feels capable and is totally ready for 1st grade now. Bring on the french!
Mother's Day was nice I sure did get lots of cards and many many plants/flowers this year. I love it! Greg had his birthday, we had yummy pie and then a Sunday dinner of his favorite spaghetti and meatballs in Alpine.
While in Alpine we stopped by Greg's grandparents farm to see the new baby filly. It was cute. She's just a few days old and was trying to run and jump around. I have a picture of her nursing. Rafe loves his spaghetti and it getting all over his chin. And then one night it was Rafe's turn to help daddy scrub the car before entering the car wash. He was so excited, he's never done it like his brothers have.
Bodie lost his 2 front teeth within an hour of each other, he was crying and scared. Greg finally was able to quickly do it and it wasn't so bad he said. Then the next day his bottom tooth literally popped out of his mouth in the morning. We had a ward party and they did a pinata for the kids. Jax and Creed taking big swings at it. And Rafe had his preschool Art Night. It was great, I dropped him off and picked him up on his last day of preschool. I kinda felt emotional. I can't believe all my children are done with preschool! And a picture of Miss Jen - the best teacher ever and Miss Jessica. Rafe has LOVED preschool this year (after we switched in October) My baby is sure growing up.
The school the boys go to is 60 years old this year. (same as our house, our ward building, Greg's high school, and Disneyland - all 60 yrs) so the students put on a big performance grade by grade. They each took a decade and sang songs from that era. Jax with his afro wig was from the 70's. Then a quick picture of Bodie and Creed singing.
And then the last week of school we had the Fun Run! I volunteered again, it's so fun. Jax's class all dressed up in silly costumes to run. Jax ran well as a hula Hawaiian fairy (red shirt). And Bodie was a good sport after his class was done (he got 2nd place) and stayed and rang the cowbell the whole time for all the other grades. By the end he wanted to plug his ears. Ha!
The last week of school was full of fun activities. Creed and the 3rd grade had a patriotic performance. I was so excited for this, he was learning so many patriotic songs. But in the end each class only did a few songs each. I guess they decided to make it easier for the kids to learn? But he was front and center, as was I. So I have good pictures of him. Even dancing to a french song in a beret.
And then it was beach day (which is their version of field day). Rafe watched for a while at all the fun his brothers were having with the whole school on the field playing. And I have Bodie being the anchor in his class tug of war, I love it he's really digging his feet in (light blue shirt). And Jax and Creed got sunburned. Creed's neck is funny, tan, then white, then all red on the back. They learned their lesson about sun screen or leaving your shirt on.
And before you know it, the last day of school arrived! Above is the group hanging out at 7-eleven drinking their Slurpee's. I always take them as our tradition and we had a few more join in. And we let the boys have a few friends over that night for a pizza party to celebrate the last day of school on Friday. They all played for hours and had a good time. Let summer begin!
And then we had Memorial Day weekend to kick off the summer. I finally planted flowers and have sore muscles because of it, Sunday we BBQ'd with my family in Bountiful and visited my dad's grave and my g-parents Jensen, uncle Bills grave, the whole gang was there (my aunt Merlene and cousins too) And Monday we visited G-pa Bangerter's grave and then had a picnic at the park with the Lorenzon family and then that night we had another BBQ with friends. Busy and fun and luckily good weather!








No comments:
Post a Comment