What would the 4th of July be without our party? Not the same, that's for sure. The Millcreek Parade in the morning, we sat with the Davies again. Poor Greg couldn't come with us because he had to stay home and work on the kitchen floor laying the backer board for tile. The boys really wanted to enter and be in the parade and be the ones to throw candy out. But I wasn't on top of it and it just didn't happen this year. So we'll try for next year. The Lorenzon party is our tradition. Everyone over to our yard for some food, family, friends, and fun. This year I made Sloppy Joe's, we did water balloons and they had quite a water fight, and then of course fireworks!
Here's the meal time and visiting in our not so spacious yard. :)
See Greg and I posing in the middle of the sparkler chaos. We love us our 4th of July Par-tay!
Always fun to take a picture of the whole group gathered to watch the fireworks.
Unfortunately this year we had another mishap with aerials. Someone let one off without checking what it was and it tipped over and shot explosion into the crowd again like last year. But this time I know 2 people got hit. Yikes! One little boy got quite a black burn with some blood and broken skin right on his spine. We bandaged him and he was back to playing in no time. Phew! And then an older neighbor lady lost her balance leaving at the end and stumbled in the gutter and fell and broke her arm. She just had surgery last week to get pins in. I feel so bad and awful she got hurt.
We did have some wind and dark clouds blow in threatening to rain. But it never did and the wind stopped so we could still do our show. Yeah! The group of boys started gathering thinking they would be a part of the lighting this year. But, we didn't allow them and just a few "men" did the lighting off. Anyways, another great party! I think we had over 75 people. Woohoo!




No comments:
Post a Comment