Completed 1st grade - check
Made new friends - check
Started eating more foods at school lunch other than pizza - check
Reading (always getting better) - check
Learning and speaking French - check
Loved all the many field trips - check
Became a master of Tether ball - check
Sad that school is out - check
Looking forward to summertime - check
The first grade classes did an end of year program. Jax's was the "French" one. So they sang a song in french and danced around. Short and sweet. But the other classes, not so short. It was a long hour. Jax said he almost fell asleep watching the others classes. (me too)
Every year the school does a "Beach Day". Water games for hours outside. We drove by to check it out. And got there right as the Fire truck came to soak the kids. So I have a few pics. It was fun to watch. But Jaxon missed it. His class was on the lower playground doing the dunk tank. No wonder I couldn't find him.
I suppose I should get Creed registered for kindergarten. I've been dragging my feet. Trying to avoid me sending Creed to the school. All the other schools near by are full and wait listed. But not our school. Nope. But don't get me started on that. I'm only mentioning it because I want to remember that I had a quest for a better neighborhood school. I guess it's still not over.
Ok, glad that summer is here. I am so looking forward to the fun that's to be had. But also wondering what I'm going to do with 4 kids home all day all summer long!


No comments:
Post a Comment