Monday, May 14, 2012

Top of the Freak'n Hill

Greg was 39 going on 40. And it came, we partied, and it's over. I can't believe I'm married to such an old man (ha ha). What a milestone birthday. Your whole life you talk about turning 40.  As your age approaches you start a count down. But, it's always been years out there. Not for Greg anymore. Talk about MID-life! He is over-the-hill as they say. It seems like my dad just turned 40 (I remember having a big cake with a party, black balloons, black roses on the cake. It was a big birthday, and as he was blowing out the candles I remember the leaf in the table fell and the cake kinda fell but he caught it). Anyways, and now my own hubby is a 40 year old. Just so you know, I am not near 40.  But when I am I'm sure I won't like it. :)

After the unbelief that his 40th B-day arrived, 40 years he's been on this earth (he's had a good ride so far) we decided to celebrate with a bash in our garage/front yard. We invited lots of people, family, friends, and neighbors. It was a fun time. I used lots of black, and was able to put 40 candles on the cake.  He almost blew them all out with one breath.  Almost.
 I could sure tease him, but I don't want to. He doesn't look 40 and he certainly doesn't act it (ha ha).
So for the collages, I'm getting ready to put the candles in the cake, some of the party crowd, the birthday boy showing his big guns, and the boys licking the icing off the many candles.
All night Bodie had a black stained mouth.  Here he is applying some lip stick frosting, then it turned into a goatee.
 After the party was over Greg cleaned it all up. I helped a little. Here's some of the decor (I made the pom poms Rafe is playing with) It was a fun Birthday for Greg. The boys loved it too. Jax wanted to fully understand why it was all black and a big deal. We explained many times. He say's his dad is starting a new life now that he's 40.  So funny.
 
Here's to 40 more happy years!

No comments: