Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tumbling Green

For Jax's "spring" sport I signed him up for a tumbling class at the high school. He calls it gymnastics. I knew with the baby coming, we wouldn't have week nights and Saturday's for soccer games or whatever the sport of choice would be. And he is always trying cart-wheels, hand stands, and thinks he can do back flips (with landing on the couch on his bum) so I thought he'd better learn the correct way to do things. He is obsessed with doing hand stands. It scares me, because his balance and he doesn't land "properly".
Jax seems to love it. Although he complains that it hurts his muscles. He does get quite the work out. Jax has also been so excited for St. Patrick's Day. He's mad that I don't have more decorations, and mad that he didn't catch a leprechaun with his trap last night. And he was mad that at school they went on a "gold" hunt and it was just candy! He wanted to pinch someone who wasn't wearing green. Greg had to protect himself this morning by putting the green plastic ring from the lid of the milk carton on his collar. It was funny. My dad stopped by, wearing all blue, and he quickly grabbed a green toy dinosaur tree to put on his pocket, that Bodie continued to grab from him during the visit. For me, I don't think much of the holiday. I guess it's fun to wear green, but all the other hoopla? I say, where's Easter?!

No comments: