Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2,920 days

Greg was always pleased with our wedding date. Feb. 1, 2003. He would tell people about his idea of the symbolism behind that date, and show on his fingers that 2 people (February being the 2nd month of the year) become 1 (meaning February 1st) and then will become 3 ('03), meaning the expansion of our then future family. Gosh, and now we are going to be 6! We've had a great 8 years.

Now for a posterity memory.

Below we are the groom and bride. We had just exited the Salt Lake Temple and were greeting our loved ones for pictures outside. Everyone left shortly after and we stayed with some of my family and the photographer to continue.

By the end of the "photo shoot" we had to hurry back and change our clothes because we were going to be late for our luncheon. We dashed up there and they started with out us. Hello!! Why start without the the main people? Anyways, we enjoyed yummy food and lots of stories of Greg. I joke with Greg and say how it was an all-about-Greg luncheon (everyone seized the moment to tell funny/embarrassing stories about Greg)...was the bride there? Kidding of course.

After that we went back to our apartment and I tried to get rid of my little headache and grabbed our overnight bags and went to check in at our hotel. We stayed our wedding night at the Grand America Hotel. It was a great place. Unfortunately our room had heating/cooling problems the whole time. The thermostat was broken. But I don't know that we noticed THAT much...

After the reception we were both starving, so Greg ran into a 7-11 downtown to grab some munchies. I don't know why we didn't take any food from our reception? Must have forgotten. Then the next day we flew out to Cali for our honeymoon.

If I could have set foot in the back part of our storage room today, I would have found my box that has my wedding planning stuff. And then shown a picture of the cake I wanted and what it was supposed to look like. This is my cake below. I did like it. But it really looks quite different from what we were planning. It does have an "L" monogrammed on it. I remember hoping people would realize it was for Lorenzon and not Laurie. Then the cake decorator stuck snowflakes on it. I didn't like that part. But they were supposed to sparkle and shimmer with the surrounding candles. That didn't quite work either. But, in the end I guess it doesn't matter. It sat in the reception room and then was cut up in the end.

I gave Greg very clear instructions on how to "feed" the cake to each other. He loves to play and be fun and crazy. So it could have been a disaster. We were both very nice and clean giving each other a bite of the cake. No smeared chocolate or icing.

For our one month anniversary we pulled the top out of our freezer and cut into it. Had a few bites, then tossed the rest I suppose. I really don't remember. We figured, a month in a freezer is better than an entire year. And I didn't want to store it that long for that tradition. I do remember pulling the beads off and enjoying the moment with my new husband, who obviously didn't do his hair after a shower in this picture. :)


4 comments:

Amy said...

Cute! I love hearing your wedding day story! Happy Anniversary!!!

Rochbug said...

Happy Anniversary Laurie!! We to stayed at the Grand America Hotel the night of our wedding. The cake is pretty but I totally get what you're saying about not getting what you wanted...I kind of felt me whole wedding was that way. Oh well, I guess we really plan for the marriage part instead of the wedding. Happy Anniversary!

Cameron and Amy said...

Ah...Memories. I'm glad I got to see it all firsthand. It was fun to see you guys dating and getting married. I do feel a little bad about the fish in your apartment when you got home though. Sorry. Happy Anniversary!

Michael B said...

Happy Late Anniversary! We are glad to be your friend!