Friday, June 4, 2010

*Getting My Craft On*

Before: - well actually, I must have deleted the pictures I took of the before and during this project. I can't find them. Man! I was so excited to do the before/after pics. I always like to see them. But you can envision an early 1970's gold framed mirror and gold squiggly lines on the mirror. My mom came across it in an old box and I decided to try something with it. Or you get the idea from this internet photo?


After:

A little red spray paint and chalk board paint.

Then my next project has been a work in progress. I started it in March.

Before: Jax being such a good model.


During: I primed and then tried a color, decided it was too bright of a baby blue so maybe you can see the new light blue color on the top...

After:


After I spray painted it all with several coats.. I then hand painted/wiped on a black glaze to enhance all the wood detail. Normally you can apply it then simply wipe it off. But this I used a little water color paint brush to do all the intricate detail. It was time consuming. But I love it in the end!

The boys were having fun being my models. (without and with a flash)

10 comments:

Garren, Michelle, Ryker, Trey & Mikylee said...

They both look awsome. You did such a good job. You can come do projects at my house any day. haha

Elizabeth said...

Cute! What color blue did you use? I have a hutch that needs refinishing... still trying to decide on a color.

He.She.&Eloise.... in the city said...

Laurie,

I love both of those projects!! 2 of my favorite colors! They look awesome!! When John and I got married, we got some furniture at the D.I. We re-painted, etc. Loved it! However, it was a lot more time consuming than we ever expected!!!

Thanks for your nice comment, we wish you guys a fun summer also!! I also love my mom mowing her lawn in the pink crocs! ha! So rad!! P.s. I was dying when I saw the tampon box for Jax's sail boat! Too cute!!

Andrea Denzer said...

I am way impressed. Nicely done. Go you!

megs said...

Wow go you. Question: Do you read allthingsthrify.blogspot.com? Your stuff looks just like their's--which is good! I've been wanting to do makeovers like these forever.

megs said...

Actually I think it's just allthingsthrifty.com. Just to clarify!

Michael B said...

Great job! Looks great!

Laurie said...

People keep asking so...
I did get inspired by Allthingsthrifty.com and I used the Kilz primer, the first color on the cabinet was "ocean Breeze Blue" - too bright with my red couch, so I changed it to "Peekaboo blue" and then glazed it.

Melissa Clark said...

Laurie that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I need to do this to my two chairs I love! Wow!

Deming Family said...

Amazing! It look so dang awesome. I am super impressed!