Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Shout Out

This will be a brief update on the horrible happenings with myself/Laurie and a Shout Out to Jax. He turns 5 years old today! Wow.
So the Les Miserables saga has not ended. If you don't want to read about my complaining and health issues, feel free to wait a few days to hear all about Jax's special day. :) I just can't believe how this keeps going.
I left off on Friday and me trying to get better.
By Saturday:
-back at the Dr. to check everything and I felt a few other problems might have been starting, like pneumonia, but luckily my lungs sounded great. The Dr. said my ears looked great, and just give it some more time on the sinus infection.
-we also took all 3 boys to the Dr. , I suspected Creed might have a sinus infection, sure enough, both Jax and Creed have infections as well, meds for them. So far Bodie's is just a little cold.
-by Sunday we were back at the Dr. again. My ears were still hurting and I couldn't hear, sure enough, it's all still infected, ears full of fluid and I was worse now more than ever.
later Sunday: Vomiting from the pain meds
- back to using Ibuprofen, which doesn't help.
-Worried about holding all my medications down
-Switching to a heavier Antibiotic
-Dizzy spells
-midnight, a massive dizzy spell causing, shaking,
tingling in my arms, couldn't move, hard to breath
-5-6 days of not much sleep

Tuesday I went to a ENT specialist and they did a CT and hearing test
- ears full of fluid
-showed a massive head infection
-sinuses aren't draining (although it's a constant faucet?- go figure)
- Dr. added a few other meds to the list
-Greg is back at work
-my sister Amy and neighbor Annie were able to come take care of my boys
-dad driving me around, moms providing meals, Abby too!
-I never feel rested
- I have a constant "head ache" Sometimes it's so bad in my sinuses I can't even touch it.
-my teeth ache
-always blood in my nose
And a huge thanks to Greg, he's been so great and has taken care of all of us.
My chart for all to keep track of is ridiculous.
Here's a list of what's been used or am using...
ear drops, eye drops, 2 different antibiotics, pain relievers (3-4 kinds), sinus relief (3 kinds), anti nausea pills, motion sickness pill, migraine pills, Steroid, nasal spray, 2-3 other supplements to help with side effects from antibiotics. It is crazy.
We've been to the pharmacy so much our new best friend is the Pharmacist at Dans.
Ugh, I think I'm on the mend. I have to be, I'm have a b-day party with 12 other kids here today! I don't have the heart to cancel, so I've asked for some help and hopefully we'll pull it off. Time to get Bodie and go sit on the couch and rest for the day :)
I wrote most of this for my "journal" so I hope it wasn't too weird to read.

7 comments:

Aspen said...

Laurie - this sucks so bad! I feel horrible for you. It just doesn't work for Mom to be sick. I'm glad you've had help though. I hope you get better soon!

Rochbug said...

I'm so sorry that you are so sick. I'm glad that you have people helping you with your kids and meals. I feel for you considering I just went through the swine flu and so did my kids at the same time. Luckily we have people to serve us in our time of need. Good luck with the party...I would have cancelled:)

staci said...

I cannot believe how sick you have been. Thank goodness for family & great neighbors huh? You are a super mom to still be having the party! I hope it goes well! Feel better soon!

Cameron and Amy said...

Oh man, I am so sorry! I need to come get your boys, but you won't let me. Call me if you need anything at all, truly.

Spencer and Celeste said...

We're sending good vibes your way. Hopefully you start feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there....doesn't sound like fun! Good luck with the party - he'll love it!

Michael B said...

Man, I can't believe how sick you got! Hopefully you are getting better! Annie is here for you!