Wednesday, May 6, 2009

*Surgery*

So we've been busy with Creed recovering from his surgery. He had his tonsils & adenoids removed last Friday. They have been swollen for several months now and he was snoring like an old loud grandpa or something. They were huge, I don't know how he was able to swallow food. The Dr. was glad to see them go. It's funny, the Doc that did the surgery grew up in the house we live in right now.
Anyways, we spent several hours up at Primary Children's and Creed did well with everything going into surgery, then there is the waking up recovery part. Ugh. Creed is in A LOT of pain. The pain meds we can only give him every 4 hours, it seems to last for 2, so the last 2 he cries, whimpers, and whines. All day or night! I think he is getting nightmares when he sleeps because he'll wake crying and terrified of something and won't let us near him?
Obviously it hurts to swallow, he is always cupping his mouth. It's been next to impossible to get him to drink enough fluids. Or eat much and he can't take the meds on an empty stomach, so at 1 in the morning I'm trying to wake him to feed him yogurt or pudding. It would be bad if he were throwing up too. He wouldn't let us give him his medicine without a wrestle, hold down, wiggle fight. It was exhausting. But now I let him do it and he seems to be pleased with that.

Everything Jax does makes him mad. He is real "clingy" and needy. He is taking a lot out of me. I complain everyday how horrible it is. But truly, I know a lot of people have gone through worse. Having healthy children is a miracle and I do count my blessings for that. Only a few more days until the major pain is supposedly gone. We are glad the surgery went well and can't wait for the long recovery to be over.
Jax has been a trooper and put up with a lot of T.V. He's never been so excited to go to preschool as he was this morning, something fun and out of the house. I've had to wake Greg every night to help me with Creed, so he's been tired. I'm pregnant so I'm always tired. And now it's time to break out the big maternity pillow to "help" me sleep a little more comfortable. It's getting painful. 3 months to go! Gosh time is flying by.

One thing that has helped me get through these last "rough" days has been a great escape, I've been reading the "Twilight" series. I haven't taken the time to read them yet until now. They are good and entertaining. A fun love story. Yeah for vampires! (ha ha ha)

3 comments:

staci said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry for this little bump in the road. No fun for you guys or little Creed. I hope he recovers soon. Just in time for you to start getting ready for sleepless nights again with baby #3.

On another note-are you enjoying Twilight? Edward or Jacob fan? (please say Edward!)

Amy said...

That seems like such a major surgery for such a little guy. What a great thing that you have such an incredible coincidence with your doctor. I bet he paid a little more attention to what he was doing. Call me! We'll take Jax for a few hours today!

Michael B said...

What a little trooper... Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and he will be healed and the happy boy that we love! He and Jax!