Friday, January 16, 2009

*Flash Back Friday - Poffabro*

Finally, a new post! Gosh, I have been wanting to do something, but I had nothing to put. No pictures, no stories or anything boring or exciting. I'm desperate to get rid of the x-mas post. Happy New Year. 2008 was a great year for us. I can't believe it's already 2009. I remember when it turned 2000 I thought it was so weird sounding to say that instead of 19_ _. Now the decade is almost over. And I did have a birthday. But that just means I'm even older now so that's not fun and no pictures of that.
Well my flash back is about this house...
Poffabro, Italy. This is Greg's family's ancestral home. Greg is one of the ones in black in this photo. His great grandpa built it in the late 1890's and finished it in 1901. Greg is also actually named after him, Vincenzo Lorenzon. Greg's first name is Vincent. Anyways that home is not as old as it looks or I would have thought. But still an incredible place. It's quite large and is near a little town square in a quaint little village in northeastern Italy. Up in the Dolomite Mountains. His family always talks about it. In April of 2006 when Greg and I went to Italy to visit his cousin Chad stationed there as a dentist in the military. We took a day and drove up and were able to go in, have a little tour see the town, visit with the locals and people that know his family. It was really neat. Some of his extended family still goes there and uses it as a vacation home. So maybe one day we can take our children and go again.
Changing the subject. I thought this picture of Jax from June '05 when he was about 7 months old was so cute. So here it is. I wish I could be taking a nap right now! How comfy he looks? Ha! He used to always sleep with his butt in the air. Funny kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel free to take us with you when you go visit :-)! How fun to have family in Italy - you are so international....

Amy said...

Dean and I will go, too! How interesting! How fun! How neat to personally see what an ancestor did and where he lived. It looks like probably not much has changed in the town since the grandpa built it, which makes it even more spectacular!

Rochbug said...

You guys go to some many neat places. I agree with everyone else to put my name in the hat to go along with you. It has been a dream of mine since 9th grade to visit Italy.

Caleb and Suzy said...

I remember Uncle Richard showing us that same picture. We live close, maybe when we take our trip to Italy, we will have to visit the Lorenzon Residence.
Love,
Suzy

ps... did I hear right about something????