Monday, September 15, 2008

*Girls Just Wanna Have Fun*

So I thought about just doing a copy/paste of Amber's posting on this weekend adventure. But then I had an idea and ran with it... I am going to show some oldie photos to introduce the girls. I think this might get kind of long.

It's a unique thing to still be such good friends and see each other often with friends from high school. Well quite a few go back to elementary. Here's some pictures from way back when. I had lots to choose from. I've had a fun time looking at my albums. I tried choosing just a few with the girls that all still get together.
Fall of our Senior year of High school, '95. We stayed at the valley/cabin. A girls weekend away. Me, Jolene, Alison, Aspen, and Britnee. No boys allowed, so I put some paper over his face. :)

Sr. year, '95, on our way to white wash the "V" on the mountain. Good old Viewmont Vikings! Elizabeth, Alison, Jolene, me, Becky.

End of the summer before college, '96. Some came down and visited us at UVSC, or we'd go up and visit some of the rest at USU. Me, Britnee, Alison, Aspen.

Fall of '97, college visitors. Elizabeth, Jolene, Laurie, Tawna, on top is Amber and Becky.

A few years after graduation, '98, we had an evening at the Manti pageant. Me, Becky, Amber, Tawna, and Jolene.

We started a Book Club in Jan. 2001, here we are at the end of the 1st year. Tawna, Amber, Jenny, Laurie, Becky, Aspen, and Elizabeth. We now have left book reading behind and call it Dinner Group. We still meet one evening every month.

And here is the first year we did the "over niter". We've been doing Park City every September but we're talking about going somewhere else and staying 2 nights next year.
Alison,Britnee, Aspen, me, Becky, Jolene, Amber.

Here is the weekend getaway from this last weekend... we missed , Alison, Tawna, Elizabeth, and Kae/Sasha (they moved out of state).
me, Jolene, Britnee. Getting ready to head out to dinner.

Forgetting swim suites doesn't stop the hot tub from being used. They went and purchased some tanks and shorts for cheap. Laurie, Britnee, Amber, Jolene, and Becky.

We are gathered around for a cooking demonstration of yummy cookie dough truffles. We had plenty of food. After that we even did a little craft, played some games, talked until after 2am.
Beck, Brit, Jo, Laurie

We have a tradition of buying some socks to wear. Cute ones this year. I was too busy looking at a magazine to put my feet up for this photo. Mine were the white ones too in case you were wondering.

The group ended up in Sugar House area and at the park we played Speed Scrabble until it was too dark to see anymore. Gosh, I am looking forward to next time.

Thanks friends-o-mine! I am a lucky girl to be in our little "click, group, gang"! I hope that when we are in our 60's we are still getting together every-so-often. Wouldn't that be neat?

9 comments:

Amber said...

Love it! Loved looking at all those "old" pictures! That was a great trip down memory lane. Thanks Laur! I agree, I think we will always have to get together and I think since we always have so much fun together we will make it a priority! What a great group of girls/ladies/women (what are we now)?

Cameron and Amy said...

Yay for you guys! I really really like you with bangs!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture history! I had so much fun this weekend and can't wait for Girls Weekend 2009!

Alison said...

Wow I love all those old pics. I love the fact that we have all remained friends and we have such a good time together. I was so sad about missing Park City this year. Nothing will stop me next year.

Kae said...

Blast from the past. I don't remember getting older I am sure it had to happen sometime. I am planning on coming one of these years. Glad you had so much fun.

Jenny said...

Yea! We can be blogging buddies! Laurie, check your email. I sent you an invite!
Brian & Jenny
Love the blog!!!

Elizabeth said...

Whose face has the white spot in the V picture?

Sherri said...

Wow, even though I wasn't with you for any of those events seeing all of you in your high school days sure brought back some memories. Didn't we grow up in the greatest place ever! You family is super cute! Thanks for finding me on facebook.

Blondie Blues said...

So fun that you are ALL still such good friends. Nothing better than GOOF friends. I hope you are doing well!