Wednesday, August 13, 2008

From the mouths of adults?

I gave Creed a toy to play with while Jax was finishing lunch. But of course, Jax wanted to play with it. So I told him it's Creeds turn, and he can have it when he's done with lunch. This didn't make him happy...

Jax: "I hate you mommy, and I hate my baby!" (what he calls Creed sometimes)
me: "Jax, you don't say that! That was really mean and horrible to say."
Jax: In a calm voice "Don't worry mommy, get used to it. "
me: (no comment) I just smiled to myself. What am I in for?

4 comments:

Alison said...

Man that is just a peice of what all us mothers are to except. Wow that can break your heart. What our mothers would say to that....maybe "It's just payback"

Rochbug said...

Kids say the darndest things. Kayla told her dad that he was ruining her life because we have rules. Oh she's going to hate growing up in our house.

Amber said...

You better keep that written down to hold over his head someday :-)! Luckily there are many great days/moments that help us enjoy motherhood!

Michael B said...

Wow, I guess you better watch your back around your own child!