The grand kids, except Jonas. Jax, Liam, Erin, Creed, g-ma, and Owen.
We went to Minnetonka Cave. Jax kept asking where all the bats were. He was Batman! He loved it. But now that I've been, I don't need to go back and climb all the stairs. It was neat though.
The girls having a turn, minus Alecia. We got dunked of course. Amy, me, and Amy in action.
Greg taking a rest in the pool. Jax and Creed loved the pool. It was nice having Jax use a floaty to swim around so we didn't have to hold him. I need to get him in some swim lessons.
On a low note... It was also a crazy injury week for a parent. One of my boys got hurt everyday. Some days were worse than others. Our second morning, Jax stumbled and hit his jaw on the sharp edge coffee table. He was bleeding everywhere. So we rushed him to Bear Lake emergency clinic. He had a big gash in his jaw line. He had to get stitches. It was a first for me to have a child go through something like this. Thank goodness my mom came with, because I about passed out. I didn't know I had such a weak stomach. Then Creed fell off a tall kitchen stool and his his chin on the way down. And my scariest one is Jax almost drown in Bear Lake. We were tubing and flipped over, he held on, and got dragged underwater and was stuck under the tube. Terror hit in with me and I couldn't get to him fast enough. I don't even want to go there, but he was ok. He was scared and crying, then after we got back in the boat, I told him his life jacket let him stay afloat and he told me he held his breath. We were practicing that just the day before in the pool. :)
We survived and are happy to share stories about it.
6 comments:
Wow! sounds like a great time but also some crazy things... It's good to have you guys back in one piece!
It was fun huh. We totally rocked that water weenie!! I've got to get my kids in swimming too. Erin was crazy and jumped in twice without me looking. The second time, all I heard was a gurgly "mom" and she was under. I was by myself with Liam draped around my neck in the middle of the pool and didn't know how to get to her in time. Scary scary feeling. Glad your boys are all in one piece. How's Jax's cut?
Oh wow, that's a scary story about Jax. Hopefully you have recovered! I can't believe all the injuries you guys had while you were up there! So crazy! You guys be careful!! ;) Besides all the mishaps, it looks like it was a fun time. So fun to get together with the fam and I'm sure the kids had a blast too. Good times! :)
Bear Lake looks so pretty. Water weenies are always a blast. How is your little boy? I had a hard time taking Eli in for stiches, I can't imagine how it must feel to take your child.
It looks like you had a blast. How fun that your family was able to get together. Scary though with all the accidents. The water one would have just sent me overboard. That is too scary but luckily the outcome was positive.
Oh, boys will be boys! What is it with boys, pain, and the ER? Glad you and everyone survived :-)! Maybe we should do a girls get-away to Bear Lake next year?
Post a Comment