Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Schools out, and how!

Not so little Jax had his preschool graduation. Such a big kid now. He now has 2 years of preschool left. He is young, but they had an opening in Jan. so I thought I'd send him to play, and get out of the house this winter. In the fall he'll do the whole year of 3/4yr. olds. But for an hour and a half a day, Skyline's preschool was perfectly what I needed. He made things, played, snacked, learned something I'm sure. I don't know what I'm going to do with him all summer? Help!

The graduation was in the courtyard at Skyline High. He really liked his high school buddies. I loved hearing from the "big kids" what Jax would do that day, or the funny things they would say they had to do with him. Jax loves to play and has a wild imagination. That's his favorite guy, Parker, reading a page he wrote about Jax. I loved it, he knows Jax. Here is Greg and the boys blowing out the candles on his birthday. Doesn't that cake look delicious? (if you can see it through all the cans of soda on the table) I want some now!

Maybe Creed will be our child prodigy. He got this out this morning and just sat and played. Poor guy has been sick. So I am glad to see him getting some life back in him.

We've taken him to our pediatrician and other doctors of sorts about 12 times this year. This year, meaning 2008! It's only May. Can anyone top that? This last week I had to take him for a hearing test. He's not speaking words yet, so this is the place to start. This visit was a nightmare. He can hear good, but the experience was not good at all. I couldn't find anyone to watch Jax, so I had them both, in a sound proof quiet room. And I'll just say that when I left, the nice Dr. handed me a pamphlet on handling, behavior, and parenting children. I suppose he was trying to give me a hint, but I choose to smile and know that it's not me, it was a bad day. Right?

8 comments:

Wight's said...

I had the same experience, except that the one in the hearing booth was my 1 year old, my 3 & 5 year olds had to sit out and just watch. They actually did very well but I know the feeling, like you are totally losing control. Jake (1 yr old) just actually got tubes yesterday. My 3 year old actually wasn't talking very well and I just called the Davis County and now he is in Speech therapy once a week to help him learn how to talk. Maybe your area has the same thing, my advice get it checked out sooner than later. Just in the few weeks that we have been going it has really helped. He now has the summer off so we start again in September. Because it is through the county, we don't have to pay a dime. It is great!

Cameron and Amy said...

Liam did a little bit of speech therapy. It was through the county too and free. Always a good thing. Don't worry about Creed though, Liam didn't start talking until he was two and a half. He knew mom, dad, shoes and that's about it. He called trucks gongs. I remember being really worried, but now he's good. Don't fret too much!! You do a good job. Don't let that Dr. get you down.

Alan and Abby said...

Hmmmm, I am pretty positive that thing should be in the garbage. You are an awesome Mom. Why did I not get a call to watch Jax? Oh, probably because your child would have left my house with even more inappropriate behaviors! We need to get together. I'll call you.

Kae said...

Yes it was a bad day! Don't let any doctor tell you that you need help parenting. I get so frustrated with people like that. If he is a kid doctor he should have had a kid friendly office. You are a great mom and your kids are great.

Michael B said...

You guys are great parents and we love your kids! I didn't realize that Jax was in preschool, that's awesome!

Alison said...

Laurie that would be a stressful situation for any mom. Sometimes I think people forget or just don't know how kids are in new exciting places. I have had several people tell me how stress out I am with Lily. I have also had someone recommand that I medicate myself. Don't worry all us moms are right there with you.

Rock & Michele said...

Hi Laurie,
Wow, you said your blog was simple...it's an entire journal of your life the last year or so. It was fun seeing and getting caught up with how your doing.
Being in Arizona we don't see many family any more. This helps us feel like we are not totally out of the loop.
Love, Rock

Rochbug said...

Hey Laurie it was so great to see your cute blog and you're family. It's amazing how fast time flies by and we all have our own families. I have the same speech problem with my little Garrett and he's 2 1/2. I was worried but once we started his therapy he immediately started talking better. I chalk it up to being a second child and Kayla does all the talking for him. This is a great way to keep and stay in touch. Love Rochele